Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Final Countdown

Here it is, nine days before I leave for Europe, and I am just now catching things up on this blog. I had great intentions when I first decided to record my travels. I will write previews of every port, I thought, and I will preview my sightseeing plan so that all my friends and family know what to expect when I am overseas...

Sadly, life got in the way and I haven't had the time to keep the pre-cruise site as updated as I would have liked. The good news, however, is that the trip is almost here (I can hardly believe it) and this blog will become the best way for me to keep in touch with all of you.

With that in mind, here are some quick trip related updates:

1. We recently changed our flights (we are now flying Continental) which means that we'll actually be getting to Athens earlier on Saturday the 24th. This will allow us a bit more time to explore the city.

2. Through CruiseCritic we met a couple that was looking to share a tour of Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast (Naples stop) and have decided to join them. I am very excited as the views are supposed to be spectacular along the coast.

3. Our stay in Monaco has been extended until 9:00 PM. This will be nice as the day before we will be in Rome and, I imagine, will not want to feel so rushed (i.e. sleep in) when we arrive in Monaco.

4. Because of our new flight schedule (and new airline) DF, GF & I will be staying overnight in London on June 10th. This will mean a bit of time to try and take in as much of London as possible. (More on my London priorities in another post...)

5. I bought a new camera and have been trying it out around town for the past week. If I can take this picture at Wrigley Field just imagine what I'll be able to do in Santorini!


No comments: